Thursday, June 5, 2008

Do Your Homework Before You Commit

Written by my mentor, Sarah Thompson

Everyday, when I check my email and I see who is promoting what programs, I am flabbergasted. I get dozens of e-mail from so called “big name” gurus, and even from people I know. These are folks whom I think have a certain amount of common sense. Obviously, these people did not take the time to do their homework on the company or person before signing their name to the offer.

The latest round of emails and offers that have hit my in-box concern another self proclaimed Guru Ann Sieg. Now, she may or may not be, until I do my homework I won’t know if this is an offer I should consider.

The Internet allows us to do our homework on any MLM company or person trying to shove yet another costly secret at us. Finding valuable information either good or bad can be done with ease. Properly doing your research will require less than an hour of your time. All you have to do is a Google search on either the company or the person. You will be very surprised at how easy it is to determine if you should invest either your time, your reputation, your money, or all three.

Please remember there are five essential items/ things / attributes that a good and decent network marketing company MUST have in order to let you be successful promoting that company. (Read my post – The 5 Pillars Every Network Marketing Company Must Have for you to be Successful – which will explain the 5 “things.”)

Please remember you only have one reputation, guard it well, if you become known as a person that will promote anyone or anything just to make a buck you can be assured that your business will not last.

As for education and training on how to make a decent living in this great industry of ours, that should be free. We who have “become successful” in network marketing should be very willing to help anyone that wants to learn how.

The available abundance of wealth will never run out, we should not try to hoard it for ourselves.
In my next post I will show you the results of my research on Ann Sieg, then I will detail the process I used.

I am going to spend 15 minutes on Google and show you what I found on the latest so called secret and marketing system being presented by Ann Sieg. This is just one example of the many offers flooding my in-box everyday.

Now, you have to remember that I have been asked to purchase this several times by emails, from so called gurus and even from people I know. The price of this so called secret is a mere
$67.00. Do you realize that at the minimum wage in this country this is over 10 hours worth of work? I believe that this is worth my time investment of one hour or less, so that I can verify the validity of the offers.

This is an ongoing investigation, as I review more of these “opportunities” I will post the research results here.

No comments: